Buckingham, The Grand Junction, public house, High Street

Copyright © Kevin Quick. Photo taken 2004


The Grand Junction Inn is located on the site where there has been a public house since at least 1675. The inn previously on the site was The Ship Inn, and this was first referred to by name in documents in 1699. In 1800 The Ship Inn was demolished and in its place the new building constructed. This was christened The Grand Junction Canal Inn, an appropriate name as a branch of that canal had been completed near the property only the year before. In approximately 1830 the word 'canal' was dropped from the name.


Buying a prints of photos on this web site  To Bucks Church Photos  To Bucks Village Photo Page  To Beds Church Photos  To Beds Village Photos  Buckinghamshire Genealogical Society